When it came to telling my parent's; out of all of the four, I was scared of telling my mother the most. My mother is my everything and telling her that I was pregnant as a teen was everything but, easy. I knew no matter what, she would understand the most. For her understanding, it killed her the most. I think that it took her back to when she was pregnant with me at 17, just like I was now in the same situation she was in. I know it wasn't easy on my mom and that she would feel it wouldn't be easy for me. I also felt that she had a hard time figuring out what the father of my child would want to do too. If he would run or not, he is anything but that. He faces his problems and only at 17 is good at manning up about his responsibilities. We had only been together for 8 months by the time I got pregnant. I just didn't know how she would take EVERYTHING!!! Finally, I told her and yes telling her I did feel like I was a scared little kid. Me being right about how my mother would take it was very true. I know that it is or would be hard on any mother. The day had come for me to tell my mom which was a few day before our appointment at loving choices. I had told my sister Brittany before telling anyone else in the family. She is 2 years younger than me, 16. Running to my little sister for big problems as in being pregnant at 17 was not my ideal of causing problem or trying to tell her it was okay to do what I did. It wasn't cool at all!!! I needed a friend and my sister is the only true friend I had during the time. She knew me and knows everything about me. I just needed her, she was there. After telling her that I was pregnant, I told her I was scared of everything. Telling my mom, not knowing what to do. I sure thought I knew everything at 17 but, when it came to me finding out I was pregnant; I was so lost in every where I turned. That same day after telling my sister the news, I also told my mother. My sister was by my side the whole time. My mom didn't take it very well at all just like I knew she wouldn't I was glade I was prepared for the bad part of the situation. My mom got into, if I had considered my options which I had. I want to make sure how far along I was before deciding what to do. Abortion was an option but, I don't think I could ever go through with that. Not unless the baby was in harm or if it could have harmed myself. Another option was adoption but, I didn't want that for my family, myself, or my child. Keeping the baby was the last option and that what in my hart, I knew what I would do. Keep it. I wasn't sure of my choices til I could find out the progress on the baby first. Once I found out I was 4 months along, I knew abortion was out of the question. Adoption also. When know to follow your heart, you just have to do it. It was in my heart to keep my child. I finally decided to stick with my heart after I first saw my baby. I know it won't be an easy choice but, I'm strong enough to deal with what I put myself through. Having a baby is a lot of responsibility, I can do this. I can be a great mother just like my mother was to me♥
No comments:
Post a Comment